Monday 22 September 2014

Monday Makes: Bridesmaid Leaf Necklaces

For today's Monday Makes we're going back to a theme I visited in the very first Monday Makes Post - bridesmaid jewellery.  If you haven't read that first post, all about these beautiful bespoke and personalised acorn necklaces, you can find it here.

Our bride Karla commissioned these unique, autumnal acorn necklaces for her lucky maids. 
Every time I share a picture of Karla's bridesmaid necklaces I get a huge response.  I think it's something to do with the love us Brits have with glorious, autumn days and the beautiful golden colours.  Woodland creatures and natural forms seems to have a special enchantment at the moment!

I also think they're very popular because they look so pretty together in the photograph, three matching necklaces, almost the same, that will no doubt add something special and personal to the bridesmaid's outfits.   It really is a great idea to have some bridesmaid jewellery made for your specially chosen attendants.  Dresses can be tricky to chose, when you have to accommodate different tastes, sizes and shapes whilst also making sure your maids are dolled up to suit your own wedding day style, but having them tailor made can be very expensive.  Many brides now opt for high street dresses to save pennies, which I do believe is a wonderful idea, and if you finish them off with some bespoke jewellery, you can make the high street into something unique that truly reflects the style that you are trying to create for your big day.

Lydia got in touch when she was looking for bridesmaid jewellery to add that special something to her bridesmaids outfits.  She really liked this piece, which was a one off I'd sold some time ago.


Necklace with wooden pearl, gold tone leaf and butterfly.

 Lydia wanted this in silver and so I began the hunt for charms and leaves that would recreate this piece for her bridesmaids in shimmering silver tones.  Unfortunately I couldn't get exactly the same charms, but with the wonders of the internet I was able to send Lydia images of the pieces I could use, with options for her to chose from, effectively allowing her to 'build' her own design.  We finished the necklaces with luxurious Swarovski pearls in crystal white. 



The final design was completely unique to Lydia and her maids, something you just can't get from the high street!



One of my favourite parts of large orders is wrapping them!  I love seeing the pieces all prepared in their boxes, and then tied up with ribbons.  I can't help but think about who might open them, or when or where they might be revealed.  This is especially true of wedding party pieces, as they are often given on the morning of a wedding, adding to the sparkle and magic of the day.


This is also another wonderful reason to commission bespoke pieces for your bridal party.  As it's tradition to give gifts to your attendants, why not make those gifts part of their ensemble?  What bridesmaid wouldn't want to be given a necklace that has been specifically created for them?  And of course, jewellery like this can be worn again and again, a wonderful reminder and memento of when they played a  part in your perfect day.




If you're thinking of having something unique made for your bridesmaids.  Please don't hesitate to get in touch.  You can reach me via my facebook page or e-mail melissamorgandesigns@sky.com.  I have a lovely home studio in Norfolk, where we can chat about your accessories, or, we can discuss your ideas and designs via e-mail, just like Lydia.

I've seen an image of Lydia on her wedding day, and I can tell you she made a truly beautiful bride, I'm looking forward to seeing her bridesmaids soon too!  

Congratulations Lydia, and thank you for choosing Melissa Morgan Designs.


Melissa
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment